Jenny & François Selections is pleased to announce the 2013 Natural Winemakers’ Week, February 28- March 6, 2013!
Fourteen natural, organic and biodynamic winemakers from France, Italy, and Oregon are coming to NYC for a week of wine dinners, classes and free tastings.
Set your tweets to hashtag #nww13!
Loup Blanc (Languedoc), Rimbert (Languedoc), Patience (Languedoc), Chemins de Bassac (Languedoc), Domaine des 2 Anes (Languedoc), Clos Siguier (Cahors, France), Grange Tiphaine (Loire), Tire Pe (Bordeaux), Bosco Falconeria (Sicily), Ca’ dei Zago (Veneto), Poggiosecco (Tuscany), Podere Canneta (Tuscany), Azimut (Penedes), Montebruno (Oregon)
Schedule of events: (more events TBA)
Thursday, February 28th
- 5-7pm Free wine tasting with Domaine des 2 Anes (Languedoc) at West Side Wine: 481 Columbus Ave, NYC, (212) 874-2900
Saturday, March 2nd:
- 2-5pm: Astor Center Grand Tasting (upstairs) 399 Lafayette St.@4th St., (212) 674-7501. Meet 14 winemakers and taste over 30 wines. $25 general admission, $35 includes three 30-minute limited seating seminars. Buy tickets at: www.astorcenternyc.com. This event always sells out quickly!
- 6-9pm: Free wine tasting featuring the wines of Ca’ dei Zago, Montebruno, and Domaine des 2 Anes at Blue Streak Wines: 4720 Center Boulevard Long Island City, Queens, (718) 706-9463
Sunday March 3rd:
- 1-3pm: Free prosecco tasting with Ca’ dei Zago (Veneto) at Frankly Wines, 66 West Broadway, NYC, (212) 346-9544
- 3-5pm: Free wine tasting with Clos Siguier (Cahors) and Domaine des 2 Anes (Languedoc) at Chambers Street Wines, 148 Chambers Street, NYC, (212) 227-1434
- 3-5pm: Free wine tasting with Loup Blanc (Languedoc), Patience (Languedoc), Poggiosecco (Tuscany), and Azimut (Penedes) at Whole Foods Market Wine Store, 808 Columbus Avenue, NYC (212) 222-6160
- 3:30-5pm: Corkbuzz wine studio, 13 E. 13th Street, NYC (646) 873-6071. $50, Tasting and class led by Laura Maniec, master sommelier, with Jean-Marie Rimbert (Languedoc), and Damien Delecheneu (Domaine la Grange Tiphaine from the Loire Valley). Buy tickets at www.corkbuzz.com
- 5-7pm: Free wine tasting with Chemins de Bassac (Languedoc), Bosco Falconeria (Sicily), and Podere Canneta (Tuscany) at Appellation Wine and Spirits, 156 Tenth Avenue, NYC, (212) 741-9474
Monday March 4th:
- 10am-5pm: Jenny & François Portfolio Tasting (trade & press only – please RSVP) call (646) 775-6400 or email: email@example.com , 287 Spring Street between Hudson and Varick. (NOTE THAT THIS IS A NEW LOCATION, NOT AT THE SMITH RESTAURANT)
Tuesday March 5th:
- 8pm-12am: Party at the Ides Bar at Wythe Hotel, 80 Wythe Ave., Brooklyn, (718) 460-8000. Featuring all the winemakers, 20 wines by the glass, a DJ, and a killer view of the Manhattan skyline.
Wednesday March 6th:
- 6-8pm: Free wine tasting with Loup Blanc (Languedoc) at Fermented Grapes, 651 Vanderbilt Ave., Brooklyn, (718) 230-3216
- 8pm: Winemaker dinner at The Farm on Adderley: 1108 Cortelyou Road, Brooklyn, (718) 287-3101. $65 (+tax and gratuity) for four courses, reservations required, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thursday March 7th:
- 5-7pm: Free wine tasting with Chemins des Bassac (Languedoc) at Acker Merrall, 160 West 72nd Street, NYC , (212) 787-1700
Watch a recap of Things People Like about Natural Wine, to get excited about Winemakers’ Week: