Our portfolio tasting is coming up! We’ll be there bright and early (starting at 10 am) September 12th, and we wanted to share with you, members of the trade, a few of the surprises wines we’ve got in store for you. The tasting will be your only chance to taste these wines until they arrive by boat, so don’t miss this chance for an advance first-look! Log on to your trade access account to access all the exclusive content below:
In case you missed it, the Dirty & Rowdy Wines from California we’re so excited to distribute will be there for the tasting:
- 2011 Yountville Semillon- 50% skin contact, 50 % egg fermented.
- 2010 Santa Barbara Mourvèdre- their first vintage was very small production, and we will have the last 10 cases in the country. This wine will almost certainly sell out before the end of the day!
- 2011 Santa Barbara Mourvèdre
We will also be showing some exciting new Italian wines that will be hitting the New York port over the next few months. Francois personally smuggled many of these bottles in his luggage, at great risk to his ailing lower back:
- Ca’ dei Zago Prosecco Col Fondo- non-disgorged and entirely bottle fermented!
- 2010 Cento Filari Freisa D’asti
- 2011 Salvatore Murana Gadi from Sicily
- 2011 Salvatore Murana Moscato di Pantelleria from Sicily
- 2011 Serragghia Zibibbo Sec from Sicily
- 2011 Serragghia Moscato di Pantelleria from Sicily
Finally, we’re very excited to be partnering with SevenFifty.com for this tasting, and we’ve been working with them to allow access to the entire tasting book online. Fire up your tablets and smartphones, and you’ll be able to access the entire catalog on their mobile platform. You can see where the wines are in the room, and rate the wines right through your phone, and 750 will remember all your notes so you can go back over them later at your convenience. It’s really exciting new technology and we’re happy to save some trees and step into the future of wine sales.
We can’t wait to see you all there Wednesday morning! Find us at The Smith Restaurant, from 10am-5pm, 55 Third Avenue. If you haven’t done so already, please RSVP here by email or call (646) 775-6400.